A healthy and low calorie chicken casserole with peas and a parsley sauce – use chicken thighs for extra flavour and juiciness.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thigh.
- flour, for dusting.
- 50g cubetti di pancetta.
- 300g small button mushroom.
- 2 large shallots, sliced.
- 250ml chicken stock.
- 1 tbsp gewurztraminer vinegar.
- 50g frozen pea.
- little handful parsley, carefully chopped.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan. Season and dust the chicken with flour, brown on all sides. Remove. Fry the pancetta and mushrooms till softened, then remove.
- Include the final tablespoon oil and cook shallots for 5 minutes. Include the stock and vinegar, bubble for 1-2 mins. Return the chicken, pancetta and mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes. Include the peas and parsley and cook for 2 mins more, then serve.